Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Just a quicky cos I'm tired and want to go to bed!
As it's Breastfeeding Awareness Week I just had to post this excellent article in the Guardian , very much helps explain my weird ways in refusing to buy or consume anything Nestle and taking pictures of formula displays that breech regulations in supermarkets! I don't half get funny looks.
Here is a great advert from down under fighting back at the nursing in public prudes.

I mean honestly if anyone is offended by a mother breastfeeding they have my sympathies. Must be such a miserable life having a mind that thinks in that way. It's a lovely sight. You see far more flesh in magazines and TV when breasts are used to sell crap. I've been very lucky, even when feeding a 2 year old out and about I never got confronted. I don't think anyone would dare!
Everybody go sign this to help those women who have been asked to stop feeding and those who are too shy to feed in public in case some neurotic ignorant jumps on them for doing a fantastic thing in nursing their child.
Breastfeeding in public is an education for the next generation of parents. If children see it now, they will grow up thinking of it as the normal way to feed a baby, which it is!
Ban advertising, get all health professionals trained properly to give support, dispell the load of myths about it, tell Dad's who want to bottlefeed so they "get a go" to grow up and maybe one day all those women physically capable (which is 98%) of breastfeeding will. We might even then have enough milk banks to help out the Mums who really can't feed.

No comments: